Thought for the day…
“The agony of breaking through personal limitations is the agony of spiritual growth. Art, literature, myth and cult, philosophy, and ascetic disciplines are instruments to help the individual past his limiting horizons into spheres of ever-expanding realization. As he crosses threshold after threshold, conquering dragon after dragon, the stature of the divinity that he summons to his highest wish increases, until it subsumes the cosmos.. Finally, the mind breaks the bounding sphere of the cosmos to a realization transcending all experiences of form—all symbolizations, all divinities: a realization of the ineluctable void.“
— Joseph Campbell
About Brother Ian
Over the centuries, Brother Ian has been collecting stories & information & discourses for the purpose of elevating the human condition as needed, dissecting it when necessary, and building the case for hope.
In the spirit of noting that organized crime, organized baseball, organized labour, and organized religion tend to engender controversy & occasional discord, I promise to be neither organized or critical of those who are.
- Thoughts: Healing
- Thoughts: Rainy days come & go…
- Thoughts: Using things & loving people
- Wordplay: Out of cite
- Thoughts: Blessing & healing
- Thoughts: It starts here
- Thoughts: Probably my favourite fable in the world…good? bad? who knows?
- Writings: We were made for these times….
- Thoughts: How about a hundred dollar Christmas?
- Thoughts: From the bones of a dying world…