Writings: Where the Ten Things came from…
If there’s a thread that runs through The World According to Brother Ian, and you may have noticed this, it’s that almost everything I post here connects in one way or another to the Ten Things to Teach & Know.
Several folks have asked where this comes from, so if you like, I’ll tell you:
It was about two years ago that I went to bed and asked my angels, guides, and ascended Masters and Mothers to let me know the Ten Most Important Things. Just ten, so I could remember them; important, so it wasn’t Hallmark-card trivial stuff; “to teach & know,” because it’s important for us to model & pass on to the next lot.
So, around two o’clock, it all just flooded in.
Now, this has happened before. Fairly regularly, I get my Next Big Song at 2am, and I’m certain I’ll remember it because it’s so awesome & catchy & brilliant. I may even write it down. When I check it in the morning it usually says something like, “Oh baby, we’re walkin’ the dog down by the firehouse and everything’s purple.” Or something. Not quite there, if you know what I mean.
Didn’t happen this time. I woke up around 2am, and there were the Ten Things. Interestingly, I thought, “Hey, I better write this down,” and reviewed the Ten bits in my head. I was amazed they were all there, so I reviewed them again. Then I decided to just go to sleep.
Amazingly, at 5:30am, when I woke up, it was all still there. So, I got up & typed it into the computer, and spent the day thinking, “Sure like this,” and using my overactive non-creative side of my brain, kept trying to edit or improve the list, but couldn’t, really.
So, a couple of days later, I took the leap and added them to the masthead of this blog as one of the featured items, in a can’t-miss-it spot. You can see it up there.
And I noticed that sure enough, they were the theme that kept re-occurring in conversations, in things that happened around me, in the things that mattered that people seemed to care about. They were the glue.
Almost every problem someone had, one of the Ten Things (or several of them) served as a light to help shape a solution, an answer, or sometimes just an assurance that life would be easier if someone DID it.
The whole thing boils down to the first bit: Share & Heal. Think & feel about that for just a moment. If there’s anything or anyone around you that needs attention, needs fixing, needs love, think about whatever you do that makes the world better. It’s either some kind of sharing, some kind of healing, or some mix of both.
And it’s never one-way: If you share, things come back to you; if you heal folks, that’s part of your healing, too.
This, then, is my gift to you.
Let me know if it fits what’s going on with you & where you would like to go.
Loving the way you shine, dear heart –
The Ten Things to Teach & Know
• Share & heal. It all boils down to that.
• The more things you own in the world, the poorer you are. Count your days & hours by the number of hugs, smiles & laughs.
• The world is limited in how many humans it can feed & support. We have too many, already.
• Looking for a good wrestling match? Tackle the places in your life where fear lives, and shine a light on it so it shrinks & disappears.
• Truth is self-evident.
• Those who have ears to hear, let them hear. You can take Speech 101 in college & Communications 101 at university….can you take Quiet Listening 101?
• We often hear, “Save the Planet.” Remember from whom.
• It’s not how much you know. It’s how much you live & love.
• Each day we’re here to learn & have fun. Carry on.
• It is good to say, “Thank you” as a habit & as a rule; even more, take the time to make each “thank you” a heart hug that can be shared with the eyes, the voice, and the heart.